Monday, September 19, 2011

Back to Clay!




For some time now I’ve been experimenting with other materials outside the usual.  The usual being cement, fiber glass and metal, but recently I had to go back to clay modeling cos I was contracted to create a 5 feet fibre glass sculpture.
I'm very excited about the project cos this would be my first public space monument and I am glad to be modeling clay again after a long time.
I started by creating a model, I think it’s important the client can visualize the final piece not just with sketches and words.
Out of several sketches, this was the chosen one. 

       


          

                                                       
Above are images of the model from the wire armature to the clay work. And below is the piece in fibre glass.



It measures about 13 inches in height. After the presentation, the client of course made slight changes which reflected on the final piece.
Work begins, now that the model has been approved! Look out for the final piece and how the project progressed.









1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your process images, I look forward to seeing how the project progresses

    Good work done so far!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete